Business intelligence and thought-leadership – Bitdefender (Enterprise)
A hi-tech PR campaign to raise the profile of Bitdefender Security for Virtualized Environments (SVE) in the cloud and virtualisation security sector.
Media Safari was tasked with assisting Bitdefender, an award-winning provider of innovative security solutions, establish its virtualisation anti-malware technology in the UK and to raise its profile among enterprise decision makers including IT directors, CISOs, CIOs, IT managers and datacentre managers.
- To launch in the UK Bitdefender’s virtualisation anti-malware technology to key cloud, virtualisation, IT trade, security and channel media
- To position Bitdefender (Enterprise) as a thought-leader in the growing cloud and virtualisation security sector
- To educate key targets on the benefits of Bitdefender Security for Virtualized Environments security platform over alternative cloud and virtualisation security solutions
With a limited but growing presence on the ground in the UK, Media Safari recognised the critical requirement to supply key personnel around the globe with localised business intelligence and insight. Media Safari became the UK ‘eyes and ears’ for Bitdefender’s enterprise team, aiming to identify key trends in the UK cloud and virtualisation sector to inform business strategy and steer media opportunities to improve results.
Weekly insights were developed from key news stories gleaned from sector media. These stories were tracked and monitored over time to help identify growing trends and steer relevant commentary opportunities in target media. Furthermore, a monthly Viewpoint article commenting on key themes and trends would then be developed from the weekly insights to inform business strategy and provide the basis for by-lined opinion articles to position the organisation as a thought leader.
In addition to proactive media commentary and opinion articles, Media Safari would also adapt and tailor media collateral for use in the UK sector press to communicate the benefits of SVE as a cloud and virtualisation security solution. These included media invitations to regular webinars, support at information security events and regular news distribution.
- Press releases adapted for UK channel, security, cloud and virtualisation media
- Media interviews face to face with key press organised during Infosecurity Europe 2012
- Webinar invitations distributed and followed up with target media
- Commentary opportunities proactively identified and pursued
- Thought-leadership article placement opportunities identified
- Weekly insights through news monitoring to steer commentary opportunities
- Monthly Viewpoints to highlight emerging trends for by-line opinion article generation
- A minimum of two press releases distributed per month leading to consistent news coverage inking in key cloud and virtualisation, business and security media targets
- Two-day London media tour organised and managed by Media Safari. Nine media interviews secured for Bitdefender spokespeople with key business and IT trade publications including Microscope, TechWeekEurope UK and Channel Pro
- Over 22 opportunities for media commentary identified and pursued with key publications including coverage in six high-profile media websites and publications
- Two by-lined articles for placement with trade IT media and other marketing collateral developed following interviews with product experts
- Media support provided for webinars to encourage attendance from security, cloud and virtualisation and business IT sectors, further supporting industry education on virtualisation trends and topics
- A further ten opportunities proactively investigated with IT trade, security and virtualisation press as well as verticals including public sector, education and channel targets