Internal and external newsletters – Siemens Diagnostics
Media Safari has experience of copy writing and editing a monthly internal e- newsletter for company employees and an external customer magazine printed quarterly on behalf of Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics.
The monthly e-newsletter for staff was originally designed as a regular internal communication tool following a large scale merger between three separate organisations. Starting out as a vehicle to pull people together in the quest for a common goal, it has since evolved into a platform to share bite-sized company news, regulatory and personnel updates with all office and field based individuals. Media Safari has experience of managing the entire editorial process, alleviating staff time constraints and effectively communicating the firm’s most recent successes and updates.
A proactive role to develop an engaging e-newsletter
- Media Safari takes the Editor role by contacting employees across divisions such as sales, finance, management, commercial operations or customer services to investigate content for development
- Based on these company news leads, Media Safari copy writes the text from scratch or repurposes and proofs existing internal announcements for inclusion
- An engaging welcome note from the Managing Director is also crafted, summarising the month’s announcements and spurring readers to get involved
- A robust approvals process ensures all contributors are satisfied with the content, including marketing / senior management to ensure the newsletter is in line with company objectives
- The newsletter is carefully proofed before distribution to the marcomms team ahead of e-mail circulation to all employees
A quarterly print customer magazine is also editorially managed from the content planning stages, article coordination and drafting through to artwork layout management and proofing. The magazine is designed to inform and inspire existing Siemens customers, assisting with the development of knowledge and providing updates on the latest equipment and assay innovations that have been designed to support their daily roles. Media Safari’s ‘editor’ role involves drawing on existing materials and the development of new stories of interest to the Pathology target audience. Content ranges from company initiatives, an outline of recent Siemens-led events, product launches or efficiencies experienced by customers using Siemens solutions.
Identifying and drafting content to deepen customer relationships
- Media Safari identifies relevant content for inclusion sourced from existing PR campaign materials, internal announcements and other marketing collateral
- Several product and business managers are approached, providing new pathology story and article leads for Media Safari to investigate further and develop from scratch
- Once identified, content ideas are formalised with the marketing team before further development
- All copy is fully crafted and thoroughly proofed before liaison with business managers and marcomms to ensure materials are still in line with external communications objectives
- Media Safari is responsible for management of the artwork layout, including design suggestions, which is then finalised in collaboration with Siemens
- Once the finished product has been completed to a high written and visual standard, the magazine is printed and the customer desk drop is coordinated via Siemens